Stain-resistant fabrics that easily stand the test of time
Of course you want your upholstery, deco, curtain and rug fabrics to stay beautiful forever. Yet your couch, chairs, carpets and curtains are bound to get dirty and stained at some point. Spilling spaghetti sauce, red wine or ketchup happens to the best of us. At Green Street Fabrics we apply a stain-repellent finish to our fabrics to prevent stubborn aqueous and oily stains. This way, you can enjoy your stain-resistant fabrics for years to come.
Benefits of our stain-resistant fabrics
The Stain Away treatment is applied during the finishing process at a specialised production plant. Our Stain Away finish covers every fibre with an invisible molecular layer that prevents water, oil and dirt from penetrating the stain-resistant fabric. This gives you the time to remove stains that are either water-based (coffee, soft drinks, wine…) or oil-based (mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard…).
Our stain-resistant fabrics ensure a no-sorrow, easy-care, long-term usage and allow to remove most stains with just a cleansing cloth, soap and water. Your sofa, chairs, carpets and curtains will remain untouched and impeccable for many years. Do you own a restaurant, bar or cruise ship? Do you love hosting dinner parties for family and friends? Our stain-resistant fabrics are just what you’re looking for.
How to deal with stains and spills?
If you’ve spilled food or drinks on the stain-repellent or stain-resistant fabric, it’s essential to react immediately:
- Remove the spilled fluids or food with a spoon and a sponge or pat it dry with a towel. Do not soak or rub the stain-resistant fabric intensively before you get rid of the residue.
- Clean the stain gently in circular movements with a humid sponge or a colourfast towel. Make sure to use lukewarm water and do not soak the stain-repellent or stain-resistant fabric.
- If necessary, pour dishwasher detergent directly on the stain and rub gently in circular movements in both directions of the yarns.
- After the stain has disappeared, gently rinse the stain-resistant fabric with lukewarm water. Do not soak the stain-resistant couch or carpet.
- After cleansing, please reactivate the treatment by heating the spot with a hairdryer.
- Green Street Fabrics cannot be held responsible or liable for any interaction or chemical reaction caused by a post-treatment or by solvents.
- Stains such as shoe polish, permanent marker or tapenade cannot be removed due to the nature of their substances.